Well, here I go againâ€¦
After being up at a full contingent of staff for a while, I have one of my team leaving me to return to school. It's unfortunate for me, but in her best interests, so we're wishing her well.
This leaves us with a job opening for a Senior Accountant again. So if you are interested, or know someone who is, please point them here. For reference, I'm hoping to make a hire on this position before the end of July, so I'm going to be reviewing resumes up to July 22nd only.
Here's the full text of the job posting:
Senior Accountant - Fairwinds Community & Resort
The Fairwinds Community & Resort is central Vancouver Island's premier master-planned, oceanfront community with over 700 homes and homesites. It includes the award-winning Les Furber designed 18-hole Fairwinds Golf Club, the 20,000 square foot Fairwinds Centre health club and members' facility and the 360 berth Schooner Cove Marina. For more information, visit www.fairwinds.ca.
Fairwinds is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Senior Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your skills in a growing company whose activities span real estate development, food & beverage, golfing, and marine operations.
Your accounting functions will include:
- Creation of working papers and journal entries
- Review of working papers to support trial balances
- Generation of financial statements for review with the Controller
- Coordinating regular inventory counts & investigating variances
- Assisting with budgets
- Reviewing cheques for adequate support
- Review and documentation of systems internal controls
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Pay attention to detail
- Be able to recognize and solve problems of a technical nature
- Be enrolled as a student member in the 3rd or 4th level of an accredited accounting organization, (CMA, CGA, CA.)
- Possess in depth knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
Your accounting experience in one or more of our core industries will set you apart from other candidates.
Fairwinds also offers an excellent benefits package including MSP, extended health, dental, facility usage and an optional RRSP & pension plan.
Please send your resume and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.