Somehow or other, I've managed to muck up one of my workbooks. When I open it, most of the options on the various menus are disabled.
I've included a screen capture to show what I mean.
I've been experimenting with enabling/disabling various menu options - maybe I've screwed up something there using this code I found somewhere
so I've tried running the following (variations) instead
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl(ID:=178, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False
Note that the options under the menus are not disabled for other workbooks, only this one. I can post the UI code if required, but this only contains a customized extra button on the home tab. I've also looked in the VBA code for any sort of disable code but I can't see anything.
Private Sub commandbars_reset1()
'Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl(ID:=178, Recursive:=True).Enabled = True
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Reset
MsgBox "All reset (I hope)"
It's almost as if the workbook has got "stuck" with the settings that I saved it with at some time.