Refresh power query while workbook protected

Igor

Reaction score
I loaded table from power query to excel sheet . The whole workbook must be protected so when I try to refresh it I get this message:

Donwload didn't complete

Any idea how to deal with it ?Check.png

This topic is started today at 2:50 PM and the other at 2:46 PM (in my local time), so that's 4 minutes.

Since Power Query is loading its data to a worksheet, that worksheet is going to need to be unprotected in order to take the changes. The simplest way to fix this is probably to unprotect the worksheet and hide it, so that your users won't see it.

If you do need the user to be able to see that table, you can pull it off using VBA. The basic process you need is:

-Unprotect the worksheet that holds the query
-Refresh the query
-Re-protect the worksheet

You should be able to record a macro to do this.

Since Power Query is loading its data to a worksheet, that worksheet is going to need to be unprotected in order to take the changes. The simplest way to fix this is probably to unprotect the worksheet and hide it, so that your users won't see it.

If you do need the user to be able to see that table, you can pull it off using VBA. The basic process you need is:

-Unprotect the worksheet that holds the query
-Refresh the query
-Re-protect the worksheet

You should be able to record a macro to do this.

My worksheet unprotected - only my Workbook protected - so I didn't understand your answer......

Back