Compare different sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

juIia

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel for Mac 15.32
Hi

I have gotten a file with a zillion sheets, where there are approx. 35 values in each, and I want to compare the sheets with each other.
Let's say that I want to compare E20 with each other in all of the sheets, could I do that without having to recode everything into one sheet?
Can I compile all of the E20's in one sheet for every individual in my data set?

Please tell me there is a way to work this out :)

Best regards

Julia,firstly my math hits a glass ceiling at me 12 times tables so a zillion I am guessing is somewhere between a million and a billion or is it somewhere between a billion and a trillion...so if me math is correct, sounds like your file is a bloody BIG Puppy!

OK joking aside, consider sending a workbook same structure fake data and will have a look after lunch assuming someone else has not sorted for you by then.

Thank you for being so helpful! It is not really a zillion, but close enough! :loco:

I've attached an excel document with 8 sheets, that has the exactly same structure as the ones I'm working with. So what I want to do is to have a look at the same values/boxes in the different sheets.

For example all B13, C23, E30.

Attachments

• Exemple excel.xlsx
    79.6 KB · Views: 20
Thank you NoS! This works perfectly! How do I change the macro for my original data files?

NoS, it worked out! And i managed to use it in my own data! Didn't know about macros in excel before! Thanks!!!!

Julia, A little late to the party on this one (internet down for last 6 hours), feel free to ignore and nice crisp VBA Nos, nice job!

The attached will let you interrogate every line in every sheet and then graphically benchmark each ingredient on all 8 pages against any and all variables and is completely scalable to multiple hundreds of sheets. The slicers will allow you slice and dice all of your data and allow you to really get under the skin of your business. Of Course feel free to add more Charts and pivot tables to suit.Link removed by moderation

Here is the key your exemple Excel file gets saved in a folder anywhere on your system and that folder is called Source Data, sitting just outside that folder is the second spreadsheet called Consol_Ingredients. Click the Refresh All button in the spreadsheet Consol_Ingredients and everything will update. Also feel free to add your other Zillion spreadsheets to the exemple file, everything will update or indeed new additional workbooks to the Folder with of course the same structured data. Link removed by moderation(Note exact spelling of folder is imperative)

If you decide to look at it, feel free to connect if you need it tweaked or have any questions.

Knock 'em dead Sailor!

Attachments

• Consol_Ingredients.xlsm
    271 KB · Views: 17
  • Exemple excel.xlsx
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Cross-referencing

Hello Ed,

I have two spread sheets and I'd like to cross-reference the data on the first sheet with the second in order to extract any missing records. How can I do this please.

Thank you.

Julia, A little late to the party on this one (internet down for last 6 hours), feel free to ignore and nice crisp VBA Nos, nice job!

The attached will let you interrogate every line in every sheet and then graphically benchmark each ingredient on all 8 pages against any and all variables and is completely scalable to multiple hundreds of sheets. The slicers will allow you slice and dice all of your data and allow you to really get under the skin of your business. Of Course feel free to add more Charts and pivot tables to suit.Link removed by moderation

Here is the key your exemple Excel file gets saved in a folder anywhere on your system and that folder is called Source Data, sitting just outside that folder is the second spreadsheet called Consol_Ingredients. Click the Refresh All button in the spreadsheet Consol_Ingredients and everything will update. Also feel free to add your other Zillion spreadsheets to the exemple file, everything will update or indeed new additional workbooks to the Folder with of course the same structured data. Link removed by moderation(Note exact spelling of folder is imperative)

If you decide to look at it, feel free to connect if you need it tweaked or have any questions.

Knock 'em dead Sailor!

Hi

I have two spread sheets and I'd like to cross-reference the data on the first sheet with the second in order to extract any missing records. How can I do this please.

Thank you.

Please do not hi-jack existing threads thus also creating duplicate threads.
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back