Excel Multiple Sheet Merge

Chadia

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any of you has ever used the consolidate worksheet excel add-in? I downloaded the add-in but I don't see how to use it. I don't see it when I open Excel. I need to merge multiple excel file to a master file. I have Excel files for each month from August 2016 to March 2017. In my master file I need to add a created date column that list the specific month I imagine. All of my files have the same structure and data.

I am kind of struggling here. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Chadia

Consider Get Data, from File from Folder (append rather than merge as structure same), future proof for only excel files, if files do not have a date within, build date from within transform section, Use Excel.Workbook([Contents]) to extract binaries to read as tables, Filter on kind field to avoid monthly data duplication, transform files in appended table close and load to table and pivot it.

If each month is within the same workbook do From other Sources, Blank Query and an Excel.CurrentWorkbook(), ensuring that you change data types for both date and $ Value and remove errors to prevent the table building on itself.

Knock 'em Dead Sailor!

if it works, send some fake data with existing structure in the same format that it sits on your system (separate files or multiple sheets in 1 file) and will take a quick look

Back