Conditional Formatting, formula or rule

Rpatel74

Reaction score
Hello, I have a spreadsheet which employee's log in dates and inquiries as they get them (date goes in cell A1). The next step is they check off a box on spreadsheet cell H1 when it goes to the next department that has to provide answers.

Is there anyway to set some type of rule or conditional formatting that if 3 days after the original inquiry date has passed that the row or cell A1 gets highlighted so it sticks out so my employee can follow up?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi Mr Patel,

You can use conditional formatting as mentioned below.

1. Select entire column "A" and then Go to conditional formatting, New Rule, Use a Formula to determine which cells to format.
2. Put below formula in the textbox provide to put your customized formula.
3. =B1<TODAY()-3
4. Select your desired formattings (fill color and font color)
5. Then press "OK" buttons.

This should highlight the date which are 3 days after the original inquiry date.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Govind Bhuse

Hello Govind,

Thank you for your quick reply.

So my column A has all the dates of the original inquiry. Once the inquiry has been quoted we put an "x" in column I. What I was looking for was to highlight the inquiry date that a) has not been quoted yet; no x and b) that is older than 3 days. If I use your formula on top all the original dates will be highlighted. I'm sorry if my original message was not clear.

I appreciate your help and hopefully we can resolve this.

Thank you
Ronak

Change given conditional format rule formula to:

=AND(I1<>"X",B1<TODAY()-3)

Hi Ronak,

The formula provided by NBVC will fetch you desired result.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Govind Bhuse

Back