Displaying dynamic photo and graph with slider

siadajpan

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've created a sheet with a slider. Whenever user selects a value, I want to be able to update picture and a graph accordingly to whatever he selected on slider (see document attached), and values in Data tab that corresponds to selected value.
In the Name Manager I've created Slider value, which corresponds to selected value on vertical slider, Photo which correspond to photo I want to use and GraphDisp with the value I want to display on graph.

I have a tab called Photo, where I store 2 photos, and I have a tab called Data, where I have indexes of photos to display (1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2) and data (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). Whenever user selects a new value, I want to have an Offset from A1 and B1, and display photo with index from column A, and data from column B. So if user select value 4, I want to display photo with index 1 and value 4 on graph. If he selects 5, I want photo with index 2, and value 5 etc.

The problem is that whenever I move slider values with arrows, photo updates depending if I'm clicking Up, or Down. It supposed to change between 4 and 5, but it changes between 3 and 4 or between 5 and 6.

This is happening because data are also updating on the graph, if I delete the graph it works fine again. If I go from 4 to 5, graph updates, but photo doesn't, then when I click F9 (Calculate now), the photo updates correctly.

How can I fix it, if I want to display graph too? I was trying Calculating options, but either graph doesn't update anymore, or it doesn't change anything.

Thanks
This was working correctly on Office 2010, you have to have 2013 to see the issue

Attachments

• test.xlsx
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
I've created a gif to show what I mean:

imgur.com/a/TXemW

I've created a gif to show what I mean
See if help to you my attempt at a solution.
I have changed the information on the 'Data Sheet'
btw: I use Excel 2013

Attachments

• siadajpan-navic7440.xlsx
    79.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
See if help to you my attempt at a solution.
I have changed the information on the 'Data Sheet'
btw: I use Excel 2013

Hi

Unfortunately it still changes same way when I use the arrows on slider. The picture change is delayed by one click.

The solution, that I can think of, is to somehow generate this click. The thing is, that when changing 4->5 photo doesn't change as it supposed to, but when I select the photo by clicking on it (or unselect it), it suddenly changes.
The only thing that worked so far was to add another slider (Active X) on top of the first slider that is linked to the same cell.
Changing the Active X slider generates change on the normal slider and this is this "another click" that the photo needs to switch correctly.

I have no idea what is behind those picture controls, this is only my childish understanding of Excel tasks.
However, this is not a good solution, so I'll keep this topic open.

Thanks for ideas.

Last edited:
Back