Extract two sets of different numbers from a cell

bjbentler

Reaction score
Hello all!

I would really appreciate your help on trying to extract the height and spread of the mature size of a tree specimen in Excel. I have attached a spreadsheet that has the mature size in the first column and I would like to extract 10-15' for the height and 20' for the spread. Any help would be greatly appreciated! View attachment Excel Guro.xlsx

Mature SizeHeight Spread
10'-15' tall x 20' wide??

Hope it helps.

Regards
Sahil Bansal

Attachments

• Excel Guro 2.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 14
So here is another challenge! If the height and spread are the exact same and we have it written 10'-15' tall and wide. How can we modify the equation you gave me: =MID(F290,FIND("x",F290)+2,FIND("wide",F290)-FIND("x",F290)-3) to take that into account? Sounds super tricky huh? But I bet you guys are so smart it's easy for you! haha :) Thank you so much!!!

Mature SizeHeightSpread
10'-15' tall and wide??

Check this out!!!

Attachments

• Excel Guro 2.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 9
Please check this file. Ignore the previous comment n file.

Regards
Sahil Bansal

Attachments

• Excel Guro 3.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the compliment my friend.
But I am not any excel guru, just a seeker of knowlegde of EXCEL which I get in plenty here.

Plant Care Package

Hello again my friend. I want to thank you for all the help you have provided us so far and I want to make sure I don't overstep my boundaries and ask too many questions without giving back. We appreciate your skills and I proposed the idea to my boss to donate towards this forum, but we will see if that is in the budget. Do you happen to know a standard amount that people donate towards this forum and does the money go towards you (did you create this forum)? That being said, I have two more requests and then that should be it for us. They are below:

1) Is it possible to link JPEG images from a folder on your computer to a spreadsheet with plant names that match the plant images name? I have been inserting manually, but wanted to save time and program the spreadsheet so that it auto populates. For example, we have a plant called Acer circinatum (Vine Maple) and we would like to insert an image titled Acer circinatum (Vine Maple). Is that possible?

2) (See attachment for diagram and layout) We have a plant list that just has the plant information in a simplified list. The simplified list is linked to a sheet in our plant book which is then linked to another sheet which organizes the information and is where we insert a photo of the plant. The attached diagram has both an example from both our simplified list and our plant book with arrows denoting the direction of linking, hopefully that clears things up. We would like to click a box under the Plant Care Package column in our simplified list and have information from the Plant Book auto populate a separate spreadsheet that automatically organizes the information so that there are no overlapping images and text. So were looking for a formula along the lines of =if checkbox is checked in the Simplified List then send information in the Plant Book to A1 in the Plant Care Package spreadsheet, but if that cell is already filled, go 17 spaces down to the next spot.

Whew! That would be incredible if you could figure that one out!

Thank you, thank you,
Thank you, thank you
Thank you, thank you!

Sincerely,
Brian Bentler

Attachments

• Excel Guru.xlsx
    300.3 KB · Views: 10
First of all, I would like to apologize for giving any impression of owning/creating this Forum. The forum is run by Mr. Ken Puls and his associates.
I did answer your query so as to learn myself. I am too beginner.
Further for any donation or similar thing check contact info or homepage.
I shall try to solve your query, but remember there is some forum rules for every new query new thread should be made.

insert multiple images from folder based on name in adjacent cell at once

1) Is it possible to link JPEG images from a folder on your computer to a spreadsheet with plant names that match the plant images name? .......... Is that possible?
Until you open a new topic and you do not get help at your request, you can see this example if can help to you.
I modified the VBA code, by author @TrowaD.
See attached file for Excel 2007 and new.

VBA insert multiple images from folder based on name in adjacent cell at once

Attachments

• InsertImagesFromFolder-navic.xlsm
    318.5 KB · Views: 2
Back