Group By question

Paul_Christie

Reaction score
Website
www.instantpages.ltd.uk
Excel Version(s)
Office 365 Monthly update
I've got a query with 6 fields in, let's call them F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F6. I want to group by F1 and F2 and perform an average on F4, F5 & F6. No problem so far. I want to maintain F3 as is. I might want to do something like a group by and a max later on, but for the moment I just want F3 to be in the query as is. Is there any way I can achieve this and if so how?

Regards
Paul Christie

I'm not clear either but...

I wonder if, when you're grouping, you add one more aggregation row (at the bottom). Set the aggregation to All Rows, and you'll get a table that contains all the rows that led to the summarized value.

If that doesn't help, then - as Bill suggested - a sample file would be super helpful. :)

Ken,

Thanks for that suggestion. I've tried that and it sort of does what I want but it now poses a question about the nature of the aggregation that my user wants. User is on business trip in Holland until next week so I may come back with a supplementary question later. I'm having dicussions about sharing their data at the moment so I may have to jump through a ring of fire to work out a sample file to post. They are trying to get me to do this project with one hand tied behind my back. I want use FastExcel form Charles Williams to analyse a very slow workbook and document the 80,000 formulas that are in it but I'm struggling.

Paul

Back