Automatic Spell Check

naiarasward

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to know how I can have spell check on the cells with suggestion of the right words. Like word or outlook for example where the misspelled words get highlighted. Also want to have a prediction/suggestion of what the correct word would be. Most users of this report are not great at English so I want to make sure it gets spelled correctly and that it tells them how to spell correctly. Is this possible?

Also in the same file I have a drop down menu and I want to:

- Make the font bigger on the menu options. It's tiny now.
- Make the cell say "Select a Reason" as default

Hi Naiara,

So you've got a couple of things here...

I want to know how I can have spell check on the cells with suggestion of the right words. Like word or outlook for example where the misspelled words get highlighted. Also want to have a prediction/suggestion of what the correct word would be. Most users of this report are not great at English so I want to make sure it gets spelled correctly and that it tells them how to spell correctly. Is this possible?

Not really... Excel is a bit different than Word/Outlook in that it deals with cells, not text within cells. The closest we have is the Spell Check feature on the Review tab, but that's not really what you're looking for. You could provide a drop down list in the cell with valid options for them to choose from though. To do that you'd use the Data Validation feature.

- Make the font bigger on the menu options. It's tiny now.

Do you mean on the Ribbon? Unfortunately this is a system level setting, not an Excel one. So to change it you would need to affect all their applications.

- Make the cell say "Select a Reason" as default
Again, this can be done by using a drop down data validation list. Debra Dalgleish has a great tutorial on those here:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

Back