Reversing the result of a formula

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I need to reverse the result of a formula x/y = % based on the 2 data fields, and can't seem to figure it out because its too simple...

x=$43.96/ y=$45.11 = 2.62% <-- I need it to show a negative. (Current formula is =K6/G6-100%).

This is embarrassing....

I need to reverse the result of a formula x/y = % based on the 2 data fields, and can't seem to figure it out because its too simple...

x=$43.96/ y=$45.11 = 2.62% <

Might have the wrong end the stick here, but with the values you have, it would need to be y/x in order to return 2.62. To return -2.62, format the cell as a percentage and enter (-y/x) +1

x=$43.96/ y=$45.11 = 2.62% <-- I need it to show a negative. (Current formula is =K6/G6-100%).

This is embarrassing....

Sorry - I keep running into problems when I post from Windows Explorer - Try again

Might have the wrong end of the stick here, but with the values you have, it would need to be y/x in order to return 2.62. To return -2.62, format the cell as a percentage and enter (-y/x) +1
Doing it your way with (x/y) -1 gives only -2.55%

thanks yes I had it inadvertently reversed above, I actually figured it out with this =0-x/y+100%, pretty much the same as yours.

Back