Issue with lots of Data

djfazcafc

Reaction score
Hi I did start a different thread (http://www.excelguru.ca/forums/showthread.php?4750-Issue-with-a-list-of-data) but cant remove it, I have now given more lines so you can see what sort of data I am trying to filter. I have over 5000 lines of data on this file and over 9000 on another one. where it has forename, surname, address but I need to determine if they took a policy out on a certain date, cancelled it and purchased a different one. is there a formula to help do this? below is a test file of data that i need to do this to. Basically within the list it shows different years of account and I need to determine whether someone has bought 2 policies within the same year and cancelled any of them. I personally cannot see any parameters that would enable this to be done as all references are different so cannot do an If statement to say if this matches. Any help would be much appreciated. File also attached

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
djfazcafc, this is a cross post (you have posted the same query elsewhere) without including links to where you have done so.
Please have a careful read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184 to understand why this important, then make the necessary additions of links to all sites/threads.
Ultimately, djfazcafc, it will be to your benefit.

To others, I would prefer if people considering responding to this thread would delay doing so until djfazcafc has complied. (edit: OP has complied, so ignore this)

Last edited:
Hi p45cal,
It does not give me an option of deleting my other post which is why i set this one up, if someone is able to help me with understanding how to remove a post or referencing to the old one then I would more thank happy comply and ensure that I am within rules.
Thank you

Hi p45cal,
It does not give me an option of deleting my other post which is why i set this one up, if someone is able to help me with understanding how to remove a post or referencing to the old one then I would more thank happy comply and ensure that I am within rules.
Thank you
The problem wasn't so much deleting your previous post at this site (I have closed it and added links to it and here, so there is no confusion), it was more that you had asked the same (or very similar) question at another site or sites.
However.. I can no longer find those cross posts!
Either I've gone loopy or you have yourself managed to delete those posts at other sites.

In any event, I'm happy you seem to have complied.

Back