Thread: How to 'pull down' a formula through 15,000 rows?

How to 'pull down' a formula through 15,000 rows?

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

How do I 'pull down' a formula down a large number of rows? I won't live long enough to drag it down manually. Would you help a simple man with a simple question?
    Thanks,
    Rick

Articles
    Simply click the first cell that has the formula once then scroll to the last cell hold shift key and click that cell once, then in your menu bar at the top choose>edit>fill>down and hey presto cells filled!
    Kind regards,
    Simon Lloyd
    Microsoft Office Discussion

Articles
    Hover the mouse pointer over the small black box in the bottom right corner of the cell you want to copy down. The mouse pointer will change from a white cross to a thinner black cross. Doubleclick on the small black box , and the formula/cell contents will be copied down as far as there is contiguous data in the column on the left...i.e. copied down until the first gap or (if no gaps) the end of the data.

If there is no data on the column in the left, but there IS data in the column on the right, then the formula/cell contents will be copied down as far as there is contiguous data in the column on the right...i.e. copied down until the first gap or (if no gaps) the end of the data.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SRctg5BTg

Articles
    Ha...Simon Lloyd SUPER moderator...faster than a speeding Jeff Weir ;-)

Articles
    Lol Jeff, i didn't give the "handle click" solution because i assumed there wasn't any data and the workbook was just being constructed

BTW I'm bullet proof too
    Kind regards,
    Simon Lloyd
    Microsoft Office Discussion

Thanks so much guys. I don't usually work with this much data, and I had never seen the little double-click thingy before.
    Best,
    Rick