I am building an application where in i need some help to develop macros!
I am new to VB macros and I am clueless to how to even proceed with the programming part.
I have tried a lot of forums online and I couldnt get what I want. I am new to forum too.
I will be grateful if some one can give me any suggestions on inputs on my requirements.
This is solely for my work related stuff. I am on new job and cannot even say a NO!
I have attached my macro at end of the post and also the sample Excel file which I am trying to work on. I am also attaching the desired output image (just to be more clear about the output I need.)
I have an excel sheet with approx 1200 columns-using Excel 2007 (columns: A to APS).
The headers for the coulmns are specified in the second row. I need a program which can read the
entire file like all the contents(row-wise) and put it in a formatted way to a text file. The formatting should be :
Each row in the text file should start with a "+" sign and the values read from the excel should be
formatted and placed in 8 characters long. I do not want the header data here!!
In my data in Excel sheet I also have a challenge of comparing few headers feilds.
To be precise,
I have tried to write a small macro which is reading columns and also saving them in text file. I am attching that macro here:
- Fields/Columns in the Excel data are fixed set.
- I have a field called "drive type". If the drive type is CDD then the data in the row should be read else can be skipped.
- The content in the field named Description in the Excel sheet is added as a comment in the text file generated so should start with '+'
- I have some nos in the headers, If the value for that nos is blank in the rows then they should be skipped.
- The first occurrence of the data is considered as the trigger point. (That should be also mentioned in text file)
- Values are valid if it is x or x.5 (where x is a whole no. Rest all the values which do not equal this are ignored)
- The count of how many values are obtained is kept for each DOF and is outputted.
I really hope someone helps me out in this Forum!! I shall be greatful to you.
Dim sName As String
Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
sName = ActiveSheet.Name
sName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
InitialFileName:=sName & ".txt", _
FileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt),*.txt")
If sName = "" Then Exit Sub
Open sName For Output As #1
Set rng = Range(Range("A2:NM2"), _
For Each cell In rng
Print #1, cell.Text
Print #1, cell.Offset(0, 1).Text
<<Attachements goes here>>