Okay, we've got a couple of methods to work with:
1. Use a formula. The following assumes that everything in the column starts with $ and ends with a space:
2. Use find & replace. Whatever this is, it actually isn't a space. So edit one of the cells, and:
- To use it, enter it in B1 and copy down
- Copy the entire column B
- Right click, choose Paste Special-->Values
The numbers should all automatically convert.
- Place the cursor immediately after the last visible character
- Hold down SHIFT and press your right arrow
- Press CTRL+C to copy the character
- Hit Enter to return to the grid
- Press CTRL+H
- In the "Find What" box, press CTRL+V to paste the character
- Click the "Options" button to expand the options
- Click Replace All
Personally, I'd go with option 2. It looks like more work but will actually go faster.