Course DescriptionFor years, Excel has been the business intelligence tool of choice for accountants and business analysts around the world. In July 2015, however, Microsoft released a free software package that has become the hottest software commodity in the business intelligence landscape: Power BI Desktop.
Join us for an intensive three-day, hands-on boot camp that will allow you to hit the ground running with Power BI. Geared specifically towards Excel users who have never used Power BI, this course takes you from opening the Power BI Desktop for the first time to publishing live, interactive dashboards. Power BI Desktop allows rapid collection and cleaning of data and creates a relational database of the data on the fly. But the best part is that once this work is done it provides access to compelling dashboards that are attractive, interactive and best of all incredibly easy to both build and refresh.
Come and learn how to build cool, engaging and interactive reports like the one below. (Go ahead, click one of the bars!)
Course at a GlanceTopics covered over the three days will include:
- Data sourcing and transformation
- Data modelling and DAX measures
- Working with data visualizations
- Publishing Power BI solutions
- Sharing dashboards with others
- Scheduling refreshes
- Configuring alerts, and more!
Why do I care about Power BI?
Not sure if you need Power BI or can justify a 3-day course? Here are Five Reasons You Need to Learn About Power BI:
- Power BI Desktop is separate from your version of Excel, so you can run the most up-to-date business intelligence tool no matter what version of Excel you are running.
- You can do a ton of stuff in Power BI for FREE.
- Your Power Query and Power Pivot skills are completely portable to Power BI, as the data collection and modelling experiences are based on Excel. And if you aren't familiar with Power Query and Power Pivot, this boot camp will introduce them to you.
- Power BI makes is easy to share and maintain dashboards, even making them accessible and interactive on mobile devices.
- You'll be learning in a small class directly from one of the world's leading experts.
Still unsure? Check out Ken's recent blog post delving into what will be covered in more detail, as well as how to make the case to you boss. READ MORE HERE
Target AudienceAccountants, analysts and data professionals who are responsible for building business intelligence reports. No previous knowledge of Power BI is needed to register.
Course RequirementsNo prior experience with Power BI or Power BI Desktop is required but this is a hands-on course. Participants should bring a laptop running the free version of Power BI Desktop for Windows.
- Three full days of hands-on, in-class instruction
- Coffee breaks
- Both a physical and digital copy of M is for (Data) Monkey
- A certificate of attendance (for claiming Professional Development credits)
- Example files based on real world issues (including completed versions for later review)